- Describe the structure of an amino acid
- Discuss the formation of peptide bonds
- Explain the hierarchical nature of protein structure
- Provide examples of protein function following structure
- All amino acids are the same except for their functional group
- the order of amino acids in a polypeptide determines structure
- primary, secondary, tertiary, quaternary structure
- H-bonds determine many interactions within structure
- disruption of H-bonds by heat, pH change can denature
- protein functions: metabolism, signaling, transport, structure, movement, defense
We did some interactive quizzes on this topic in class, which are embedded below for your review:
The correct answer is 20 amino acids.
The correct answer is the third option: functional group, amino acid, polypeptide.
The correct answer is x-ray crystallography.